Acids of Virgin Music
epalmer850
2003-09-02 13:44:33 UTC
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0348817/fullcredits

Anyone know what this is?

I was searching IMDB for a listing of films scored by TD and came
across this entry starring PB, CF and EF. It's produced by Richard
Branson of Vigin in 1976.

I did some searches but came up with very little.

Ed

amon_dueuel_2
2003-09-02 17:56:22 UTC
Hallo Ed and All,

Tony Palmer, Richard Branson and TD all appear in "Signale aus der
Schwäbischen Straße". Perhaps it has something to do with this
documentation from 1976.

Excerpts from "Signale" are produced at the Manor, so I guess
that "Signale" and "Acids of Virgin Music" use the same material.
Perhaps Heiko Heerssen can clear this tomorrow when he is online
again.

Andreas-Michael
Heiko Heerssen
2003-09-03 07:52:57 UTC
Post by amon_dueuel_2
Tony Palmer, Richard Branson and TD all appear in "Signale aus der
Schwäbischen Straße". Perhaps it has something to do with this
documentation from 1976.
Excerpts from "Signale" are produced at the Manor, so I guess
that "Signale" and "Acids of Virgin Music" use the same material.
Perhaps Heiko Heerssen can clear this tomorrow when he is online
again.
I have never heard of "Acids of Virgin Music", and considering the fact that
it's from 1976 I assume that it's indeed an excerpt of the "Signale aus der
schwäbischen Strasse" documentary.

Heiko

amon_dueuel_2
2003-09-03 12:57:49 UTC
Post by Heiko Heerssen
schwäbischen Strasse" documentary.
Heiko
... or vice versa. I cannot imagine that the SFB did provide all the
money for the lavish production at the Manor (just consider the
movements of the camera that deserve a sort of crane). I think
that "Signale" got the material from "Acids of Virgin Music" because
its producer is Richard Branson.

Andreas-Michael

Owens, James
2003-09-03 19:26:13 UTC
I used to have a video that I think is the 'Signale...' video. It had
footage that was recorded in English originally and translated into German.
If I listened really hard I could hear the English words in the background.

I suspect these parts were taken from 'Acids of Virgin...' originally. I
remember part of it was someone talking to Monica Froese about one of her
album covers.

It was all very amusing to me: Interviews with native German speakers in
English, translated back into German. Talk about getting lost in the
translation...

James
Morgan Feldon
2003-09-03 22:38:54 UTC
I used to have a video that I think is the 'Signale...' video. It had
footage that was recorded in English originally and translated into German.
If I listened really hard I could hear the English words in the background.
I suspect these parts were taken from 'Acids of Virgin...' originally. I
remember part of it was someone talking to Monica Froese about one of her
album covers.
It was all very amusing to me: Interviews with native German speakers in
English, translated back into German. Talk about getting lost in the
translation...
James
I am curious if Heiko has the English audio recording of these dubbed
English interviews. If so, we could revert the audio to English. For the
truly German parts, subtitles would be great. This would make a great DVD
if we could do this.

-Morgan

Administrator ( Dale Kay )
2003-09-03 23:06:54 UTC
Nice little article and history of Google can be found here.

Enjoy.

http://www.latimes.com/technology/la-fi-google2sep02,1,4535754.story?coll=la-headlines-technology

Administrator for Kay-Net.com
***@kay-net.com
Lancaster CA
661-723-0266
Your best source for Computer Products, Internet needs and Knowledge.

Heiko Heerssen
2003-09-04 05:44:55 UTC
Post by Morgan Feldon
I am curious if Heiko has the English audio recording of these dubbed
English interviews.
no :-(

Glen
2003-09-04 12:00:00 UTC
seems "odd" watching john peel "talk" in german

i am straining to hear what he's saying in the backround behind the overdub
but can't make any of it out.